20 newly decorated and single furnished rooms.
Each resident’s room contains;
- Ensuite bathrooms consisting of toilet and wash hand basin
- Private telephone line.
- Multi channel television
- Individually, thermostatically controlled central heating or cooling
- Over head ceiling fans.
- Emergency pull call system which records the response time
- Fully adjustable beds.
- Rooms can be supplied furnished or unfurnished with the exception of beds and televisions which will be supplied for health and safety reasons.
- All rooms will be decorated to a high standard with individual decor.
- All rooms, albeit furnished or unfurnished will contain 2 comfortable chairs, a bed in a position to see out of the window, writing table, wardrobe, chest of draws, bedside table with lamp. Carpets and curtains.
The common areas have been designed to accommodate the service users who use wheelchairs or have sight difficulties. This has been achieved by having wide corridors and door openings and separate external doors for wheel chair use, with press button openings.
The lift is designed for the Handicapped as well as 2 bathrooms and 10% of our bedrooms. Corridors have different coloured walls and carpets. Doors are painted in different bright colours to aid the partially sighted and residents with memory difficulties. We have 80 square metres of common areas excluding the large main hallway where residents can sit and wait for guests and therapy room.
- All rooms are decorated to a high standard.
- Security CCTV on all external doors and exterior of the building.
- All communal rooms have a multi channel television
- DVD player and extensive film library
- Magazines and news papers to order.
- Computer with internet/Skype/video cam/printer/Wii
- Free WiFi throughout the whole building
- Relative’s refreshment area
- Relative’s bedroom
- Room for hairdressing, manicures and chiropody.
- Large south facing sun room opening onto sundeck.
- Lift available for residents and their guests
- Loop system for the hard of hearing.
- Aquarium with colourful fish
- For the less mobile, all areas are adapted for wheel chairs, and there are two dedicated bathrooms catering for the handicapped.
- Adequate car parking with spaces for blue badge holders
- Hard standing area with electricity for scooters
The gardens have been designed for the use of all abilities. All areas will be paved for the ease of wheel chairs and walking frames and sticks. All flower beds and fish pond will be raised.
Every care will be taken to protect residents from excessive exposure to the elements.
- The completely enclosed and secure garden extends to a third of an acre with raised flower beds, a large patio, a greenhouse, a vegetable garden and fruit trees.
- All areas are accessible by wheel chairs or by the physically impaired.
- Every resident will be given a raised space in the garden to cultivate for themselves, and anyone who likes gardening is more than welcome to help out in the communal gardens or on our allotment located in the country side outside Felixstowe.
- There is a barbecue for al fresco dining and outdoor heaters on the patio in case it turns chilly.
- On the terrace there are sun beds for lounging when the weather is warm.
- There is a safe fishpond with bubbling waterfall and fountain.